How much does it cost to build a rally car?
A general ballpark figure for 2015+ will be a budget of $10,000 plus the cost of the car.
So, if the car you're looking to turn into a "rally car" is $5,000 - expect a total cost of $15,000.
What does this generally include:
- Roll Cage
- Seats / Belts
- Interior fabrication
- Wheels + Tires
- Fire Extinguishers
- First Aid / Spill Kit / Triangles
What does this budget NOT include:
- Top of the line performance engine
- Stand alone engine management and tuning
- High performance custom suspension
- A really expensive Rally Computer you won't use
It is always best to consider a used rally car before getting involved in building your own. For starters, do you have the resources, time, and money to fabricate and build your own rally car? Do you want to build rally cars in your free time, or do you want to race rally in that time? Used rally cars have many advantages over building one from scratch.